22 July 2014

Recipe: Banana Cupcakes

I love cupcakes and I love bananas. So, when my mom got me bananas I thought to myself I just had to find a recipe for Banana Cupcakes...but when I looked on some of my favorite food blogs I couldn't find one! I turned to Google for help but I still couldn't find one that wasn't over complicated. So, I sat down at my kitchen table and pondered up a recipe, a yummy banana cupcake recipe. When I started to gather my ingredients I had my doubts that I would just make a huge mess and I wound then have to clean up my kitchen, but to my delight this recipe gave me beautifully moist, fluffy cupcakes. This is super easy recipe that made about 20 mini cupcakes and 4 regular size cupcakes :) I topped some of these beauties with some tempered chocolate, but you can top them with whatever you'd like to. I hope you enjoy!!



Ingredients:
1 ripe Banana 
2 eggs 
1/2 c. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla 
1 T. Oil 
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
a pinch of salt (about 1/8 tsp)
3/4 c. Flour
1/4 c. Milk




Oven: 350 F 
  1. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
  2. In a different bowl lightly beat eggs. 
  3. Cream sugar into the eggs.
  4. Mix vanilla, oil, and mashed banana into the sugar mixture. Mix until creamy (you make still have some banana chunks)
  5.  Add flour in thirds to the sugar, alternating with the milk. Start and end with the flour.
  6. Fill 3/4 of the cupcake liners and bake for 13-15 minutes. OR fill greased mini cupcake tin 3/4 of the way full and bake for 8-12 minutes. 
I really hope you enjoy you cupcakes :) I would love to see pictures of the cupcakes you make. If you have any tips on something I could try differently I would love to hear from you! 

1 comment:

  1. Proud Momma can attest - these are DELICIOUS! Anna is trying to trick me into eating healthier since I'm diabetic (T2) hence the bananas ... it worked! Loved this one!

    ReplyDelete