24 July 2014

Recipe: Cranberries Pound Cake

So I had this BIG bag of dried cranberries that I didn't know what to do with...so I thought to myself why not make a cake! I gathered my cranberries, milk, vanilla, and my blender; and I blended the cranberries until they were liquid to get my cranberry mix. Even though I'm not a huge fan of this cake myself, my parents loved it. I hope you enjoy!



Ingredients:
Cranberry mix: Blend 1 c. dried cranberries, 2 c. milk, and 1 tsp. vanilla until smooth and liquefied
4 eggs
2-1/2 c. sugar
2-1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 T vanilla
1 T oil
1/2 tsp. salt
ICING:
1/2 c. whipping cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1-3/4 c. powder sugar

OVEN: 350 F                                                 PAN SIZE: 13X9
BAKE TIME: 38-43 minutes (or until inserted toothpick comes out clean)


  1. Sifted flour, baking powder, and salt together.
  2. In a different bowl, cream together eggs and sugar.
  3. Add vanilla, oil, and cranberry mix to sugar mix.
  4. Slowly add flour mix into cranberry mix, mix until smooth. Don't over beat the batter. 
  5. Pour batter into greased 13X9 inch glass pan. bake until inserted toothpick comes out clean (38-43 mins) 
  6. While the cake in baking whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
  7. Add vanilla and powder sugar to cream, whip to desired "fluffiness" (don't over beat icing)
  8. Store icing in cold place until the cake has completely cooled. 
  9. When cake has cooled, pour vanilla icing on top.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you have any comments on how I show change this recipe please let me know! :) enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this recipe. Healthy and delicious! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete