29 July 2014

Recipe: Mom-mom's Oatmeal Drop Cookies

I use to LOVE when the holidays would roll around because my mom-mom would make these amazing oatmeal cookies. I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal cookies...or even oatmeal...but I could eat these cookies all day. These recipe does require a LOT of elbow grease, of which I do not have. That made it a little difficult mixing all the ingredients together, but I did it! I made the cookies I had missed for such a long time, and the best news is that they taste just like the ones she would make!! This made my day :) but I wasn't able to eat the cookies (which could be a good thing...) so that will have to wait for tomorrow. I hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe that I got from my grandmothers recipe box.

Ingredients:

1 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2/3 c. molasses
3 1/2 c. sifted flour
a splash of vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
4 c. oatmeal
OPTIONAL: 
1 c. chopped nuts or chocolate
2 c. raisins, apricots, or other dried fruits

Preset the oven to 400 F. Mix all of the ingredients together, in a big bowl. Fold in the optional ingredients. Drop about 1 to 1 1/2 T on greased cookie sheet. Leave at 3/4 of an inch between each cookie. Bake at 400 F for 8 minutes.

I hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe! I know I will surely make these over the holidays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment