22 July 2014

Recipe: Peach Cupcakes

Have you ever looked online and through all of your cookbooks wanting to fine a recipe for an idea you have but you can't fine a recipe for it? Well that was me when my mom and I came home from the store with fresh peaches the other day. I looked through all my cookbooks wanting to find a peach cupcake recipe but it was a dead end every time, so I turned to the internet for help. But after 2 hours of website after website I couldn't find one. I found more recipes for peach cobbler then anyone could ever ask for! But I wasn't going to give up and follow the main stream and just make the run of the mill peach cobbler, no, I was set on making peach CUPCAKES and nothing else. I grabbed my flour, sugar, and peaches and i asked myself, "What needs to be in a cake? ...and lets not get too fancy" So, I grabbed my salt, baking powder, vanilla, eggs, oil, and my milk. When I looked down at all my ingredients I thought to myself, "Alright lets do this!"



Ingredients :

1 medium peach pureed (about 3/4 c)
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
4 eggs
1-1/4 c. Flour
1-1/4 c Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 T Oil
1/4 c. Milk




Oven : 350 F

  1. Sift all dry ingredients except the sugar in a medium bowl
  2. In a different bowl cream together eggs and sugar.
  3. Mix in the peach puree.
  4. Mix in vanilla, oil, and milk.
  5. Mix flour mixture in about 1/4 cup at a time.
  6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full and Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
I hope you enjoy your cupcakes!! If you have any tips on how I could change this recipe up I would love to hear from you! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment